Based out of London, ON, and reporting into the Clinic Manager and the Associate Medical Director, KGK Science is looking to hire a Part-Time Clinical Research Nurse or Paramedic. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the conduct of clinical research trials of Natural Health Products (NHP) and will perform any study-specific controlled acts as permitted by their CNO registration, Ontario Paramedic Certification and/or x-ray certifications.
What can you expect to do
- Conduct clinical trial visits with study participants according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and KGK SOP’s.
- Perform phlebotomy as required by study protocols including the insertion and maintenance of intravenous catheters.
- Perform study specific controlled acts as permitted by CNO registration and/or Ontario Paramedic Certification.
- Oversee subject enrollment to ensure that informed consent is properly obtained and documented.
- Assess eligibility for clinical studies through interviews, reviewing medical records, and discussions with study staff in accordance with protocols.
- Work with participant samples, ensuring prevention of contamination and safety of participants.
- Perform specific protocol procedures including interviewing subjects and taking vital signs.
- Liaise with the Clinical Research Associates to resolve chart discrepancies.
- Ensure data collected is accurate, complete, and meets all KGK standards.
- Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocols as well as all relevant local, provincial, and federal regulatory and institutional policies.
- Maintain required documents.
- Collaborate with other clinic staff and the Clinic Manager to meet performance goals.
- Perform occasional administration duties including greeting volunteers, answering phone calls, and booking appointments.
What we are looking for
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) entitled to practice without restrictions as an RN or RPN. Paramedics should hold a current certification to work as a paramedic in the province of Ontario. X-ray techs should be qualified to do so in the province of Ontario.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a clinical environment coupled with at least 2 years’ experience working in a clinical research environment.
Effective time management, critical thinking and time management skills Attention to detail and organizational skills.
Ability to work within tight timelines and competing deadlines.
How we hire
KGK Science Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.