Experts from KGK Science will be speaking throughout Expo West, providing insights on the most up-to-date science and regulatory trends.
Show Me the Science
Tuesday, March 3rd, 10:15 – 10:40 am
CBD & Hemp Summit
Presented by Najla Guthrie, President & CEO, KGK Science
As a research organization, KGK Science has developed protocols and performed data analysis for a range of studies on cannabis. The company has been issued a Cannabis Research License by Health Canada. Hear what exactly is the state of the science around CBD and other cannabinoids today.
Legal Eagles: Your Legal & Regulatory Questions, Answered
Tuesday, March 3rd, 4:15 – 5:00 pm
CBD & Hemp Summit
Get your ducks in a row and don’t run afoul of the law. Join thoughtful, informed legal minds as they talk about labeling regulations, state laws, federal rules, and how to fly with the responsible flock.
- Rend Al-Mondhiry, Amin Talati & Wasserman
- Garrett Graff, Hoban Law Group
- Corey Hilmas, M.D., Ph.D., KGK Science
- Justin Prochnow, Greenberg Traurig
- Todd Runestad, New Hope Network / Informa Health & Nutrition
An Expert’s Guide to CBD in 2020
Thursday, March 5th, 8:30 – 9:30 am
Room: Sheraton, Park D
Expert Panel on CBD Regulation, Safety, Efficacy and the Legal Landscape from Trusted Brands.
Attendees will discover the benefits of a new chemical-free and clean extraction method for a whole plant and a true full-spectrum CBD product. Attendees will learn the current CBD regulatory issue for 2020 and the paths forward for the legal status of CBD though GRAS and NDI mechanisms. Attendees will earn valuable insights on the current litigation and warning letters to various CBD companies and how they can avoid these legal pitfalls.
- Robert Durkin, Counsel Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Adam Grossman, Founder & CEO Papa & Barkley
- Corey Hilmas, MD, PhD, Chief Regulatory Officer KGK Science
- Boris Shcharansky, Chief Operating Officer Papa & Barkley