Part-Time Lab Technician
Working alongside the Clinic Coordinators and Clinic Research Associates the Part-Time Medical Lab Technician is responsible for drawing blood and collecting biological samples from clinical trial participants, and processing samples based on study requirements.
What can you expect to do
· Perform phlebotomy and other specialized tests as required under various protocols
· Obtain urine samples to complete pregnancy and drug of abuse tests for participants
· Obtain biological samples for processing and labelling
· Prepare specimens for testing and transportation as needed
· Knowledge of laboratory processes, pipetting, phlebotomy, molecular techniques
· Verifying clinical trial participants information and labelling samples properly
· Administrative duties such as: ensuring log/inventory information is kept up-to-date,
tracking/filing inventory receipts, filing participant records, answering phones, preparation of
samples collection kits, cleaning and organizing workstations.
· Maintain laboratory equipment and analyzers
· Assist in preparing participants
· Explaining blood draw procedure to clinical trial participants and answering any questions about the process
· Helping nervous or frightened patients to remain calm during blood draws
· Cleaning, organizing, and disinfecting the lab and lab equipment areas
· Package and prepare samples for Shipping as per IATA standards at the Sponsor request
· Monitor inventory levels, Complete SOPs, and other ad hoc duties as assigned
What are we looking for
· Medical Lab Technician Diploma
· CSMLS or MLPAO certification
· Phlebotomy Certificate
· Minimum 6 months phlebotomy experience
· Excellent computer skills
· Excellent sample processing skills
· Adept in multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
· Capable in time management and organization
· Attention to detail
· Accountable, accurate and punctual.
How we hire
KGK Science Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.