As the status of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, KGK Science remains committed to the health and safety of our clinical trial participants and KGK employees. We continue to assess risks as new information becomes available and we are adapting practices as advised by government health officials and the province of Ontario. As such, we have taken the following actions to ensure safety in our office and clinic:
- Mandating the increase of personal protective equipment and frequent sanitization practices within the office and clinic spaces
- Implementing phone and clinic pre-screening for all participant visits to verify the health of anyone entering our facility
- Rescheduling all appointments for participants who may have been in contact with affected locations or persons
- Implementing a work from home policy to decrease the amount of staff in the office and clinic
- Reducing the number of participants visiting our clinic to less than 4 at a time
- Spacing out clinic chairs and utilizing sanitized private clinic rooms to maintain social distancing
- Restricting any non-essential visitors to the KGK clinic or office.
As a contract research organization specializing in health and wellness, we take our dedication to ensuring the continued health of our community very seriously. Please contact us if you have any questions about our clinical trials or visits to our clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I come in for my scheduled appointment?
Unless you’ve been notified otherwise, all scheduled clinic visits will still take place. If you are scheduled to visit our clinic and are experiencing any of the following, please contact us immediately: Fever, cough, and symptoms of lower respiratory illness or pneumonia. Further, if you have traveled outside of Canada within the last two weeks, please let us know.
Is it safe to come to the clinic?
KGK Science’s clinic is NOT a medical clinic that provides treatment to ill patients. Quite the opposite. It is a requirement that all KGK study participants are healthy. We are taking extra precautions during this time to ensure no one enters our offices if they have health concerns or have recently traveled outside of Canada. We continue to monitor advice on further precautions that we can implement.
Are you still enrolling participants for studies?
Currently, KGK Science is looking ahead and recruiting interested participants for a variety of clinical trials to continue after the COVID-19 crisis has subsided. If you are interested, you can fill out an online qualifying survey or contact our recruitment team via phone or email. We are only inviting participants who are already enrolled in a study into the clinic at this time.
KGK Science Recruitment Team